Thursday, June 16, 2011

Selby's First Obedience Round - CDD - Second Place and a Q 11 June 2011

The Perth Obedience Trial was our first 'for real' Obedience trial (and the only one we will do before the nationals next week)
I was so happy with Selby. It was a cold windy day and Graeme and Maverick were working in the next ring so she was a little distracted. Scoring an 89 she lost all 11 points in the healing which I must take the blame for - I was really nervous and don't think I gave clear enough signals, woops.
On the positive side check out the Stand for Exam! I was terrified having Frank as judge as he tends to stand over the dogs which can be quite intimidating for them, however Selby was a star and stayed still throughout and got a perfect score, as she did for the recall and stays :) Overall she managed to get her first pass AND placed second.
The day was mostly about me getting ring experience and learning the judges calls. Getting through a whole round makes me feel much more confident about the Nationals next week. I have no real expectations for the trial, but it's nice to know that she has completed a trial and had a pass before we go (she can do it)
Hopefully the ash cloud will be well and truely gone and it will be smooth travels and a fun trip over to Queensland


No comments:

Post a Comment